|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.8.1) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.8.1 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.7.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.8.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Adds [IBIS High resolution shot] to the camera menu. By utilizing the in-body IS mechanism, it is now possible to record images with higher resolution.*
* Use EOS Utility/Digital Photo Professional to check the images. EOS Utility/Digital Photo Professional will need to be upgraded.
- Adds [Save/load comm. settings on card] to the camera menu.
Network settings can now be transferred between cameras of the same model.
- Adds the ability for images to be cropped and resized during transfer to the FTP server.
- Adds Protect Images During [FTP Transfer] to the camera menu. Images transferred via FTP can now be automatically protected. The user can determine if images have already been transferred via FTP.
- Fixes minor issues.
Download Firmware Version 1.8.1 by clicking this link. Then select the Firmware Tab.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.