|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.4.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.4.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.3.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.4.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Adds support for Speedlite EL-5.*
* The automatic light intensity adjustment of the AF-assist beam is not supported.
- Adds [Register people priority] to the camera menu.
Pre-registered people can now be detected and tracked with priority.**
** This feature may not operate if faces are too small to detect, in profile or turned at an angle or partially hidden; for scenes where the subject is moving; or due to certain shooting environments.
- Adds [Save/load comm. settings on card] to the camera menu.
Network settings can now be transferred between cameras of the same model.
- Adds [Panning Assist] to the camera menu. When a compatible lens is used for panning shots, image stabilization and subject blur correction are applied during the exposure.
- Improves the Auto White Balance (AWB) setting to reduce the time it takes for the AWB result to be reflected in the camera’s viewfinder's display when looking through the viewfinder.
- Adds Protect Images During [FTP Transfer] to the camera menu. Images transferred via FTP can now be automatically protected. The user can determine if images have already been transferred via FTP.
- Fixes minor issues.
Download Firmware Version 1.4.0 by clicking this link. Then select the Firmware Tab.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.