|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.2.1) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
* Items 1 through 14 are changes of Firmware Version 1.2.0, and item 15 is newly added for Firmware Version 1.2.1.
- Adds the ability to set "Custom high speed continuous" to the Drive mode. It is possible to shoot from 2 to 50 images continuously at a speed of approximately 30 to 195 fps.
- Adds the ability to select "FHD 239.76 fps/200.00 fps" in "High frame rate."
- Adds the ability for in camera "Depth compositing" during "Focus bracketing."
- Adds Focus bracketing and depth compositing with a flash (Speedlite EL-1).
- Adds the ability of time-lapse movie recording. Note that the time-lapse movie setting is retained even if the camera enters the Auto Power Off state before starting time-lapse movie recording.
- Adds the ability of Cloud RAW processing functionality. RAW processing with the latest image processing technology is possible. This is a paid service that requires the purchase of a Canon Imaging App Service Plan, which will be available starting July 25, 2022.
- Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
- Adds the ability to set [Still Image Crop/Aspect] to [Custom Controls]. The assigned button can be used to switch between crop and aspect ratio.
- Adds the ability to crop and resize images during transfer to an FTP server.
- 802.1X authentication/WPA2-Enterprise now supports the PKCS#12 certificate format.
- Adds an electronic shutter sound to be played when the mechanical shutter or electronic 1st-curtain is set.
- Enhances the performance of "Movie Digital IS". It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
- Adds [Auto Power Off Temp.: Standard/High] to the menu for still shooting.
- Fixes an issue, which displays Error Code 70 on the camera, that may occur, in rare instances, when the [Disp. performance] setting is set to [Smooth].
- Fixes minor issues.
- Fixes an issue, in which, after having updated the camera to firmware Version 1.2.0, when performing the [Factory reset] operation, some shooting settings are not retained.
Firmware Version 1.2.1 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Download Firmware Version 1.2.1 by clicking this link. Then select the Firmware Tab.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
The Applications have been updated accordingly:
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
Preparations for the firmware update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (EOSR3120.FIR / file size: 85,019,584 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review the instructions to confirm your understanding of the firmware update procedures.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.