|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.3.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.3.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1 If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings]. You can select [Canon Log] or [Canon Log 3] from [Canon Log settings] in the Shooting tab of the menu.
- Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log3 and RAW (Light) will be available in Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional version in a future update.
- Digital Photo Professional will also support the processing of RAW movies shot in Canon Log3 settings and the application of Viewing LUT in future update.
- Adds [RAW (Light)] to the movie recording size and [IPB (Light)] to 8K/4K to enable lower bit rate shooting. These settings can also be selected when RAW+MP4 is set.
- Adds a high frame rate of 119.9 fps/100.0 fps to the Full HD movie recording size.
- Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
- Adds [6: Monitor Off] to [Shooting info. disp.: Screen info. settings] in the Shooting tab of the menu. This update makes it possible for the camera's monitor to be turned off at all times during shooting.
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Adds the ability, when transferring images via FTP, to select protected images that failed to be transferred and protected images that have not yet been transferred and transfer them all at once.
- Adds [Save/load cam settings on card] to the Function settings tab of the menu.
- This allows you to save the camera settings to a card, or load a saved file and restore the camera to the settings you saved to a card.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which, in rare instances, the camera does not function normally when using certain CFexpress cards.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to "High-speed continuous shooting" to shoot still images continuously.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
The User Manual on our website has been updated accordingly. Please download the User Manual as well as the latest firmware. You can download it from the official website.
The following Applications have been updated accordingly:
- Camera Connect 2.7.30
- EOS Utility 3.13.20
- Digital Photo Professional 4.14.0
- Canon RAW Plugin 2.2 for Final Cut Pro X
- Canon RAW Plugin 2.7 for Avid Media Access
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.