|Thank you for using Canon products.
EOS-1D X Mark III
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.3.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Firmware Version 1.3.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.3.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
- Enables 2nd curtain shooting sync during radio transmission wireless flash shooting when the Speedlight EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
- Enables manual flash output (excluding high-speed sync and optical transmission wireless flash shooting) to be selected and set up to 1/8192 from the camera menu screen when the Speedlight EL-1 flash is attached to the camera.
- Improves compatibility of HEIF images recorded in the camera with MIAF (Multi-Image Application Format) standards.
- Fixes the phenomenon that may result in the occurrence of time-out under certain conditions during FTP transfer.
Once the EOS-1D X Mark III is updated to Firmware Version 1.3.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.2.1).
The following Applications have been updated accordingly:
- Digital Photo Professional 4.13.20
- EOS Utility 3.13.10
- Camera Connect 2.7.20
- Digital Photo Professional Express 1.4.0
Please download the Applications as well as the latest firmware.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.