|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware:
The firmware (version 1.1.0) incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
* The firmware scheduled for release in early September will incorporate the following improvements for the RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM.
- Useful messaging is now displayed when [HDMI display： Camera + External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are enabled.
- When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the “Slow Synchro” setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
- Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
- Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
- Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved.
- In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
- The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
- Supports 6-stop image stabilization. (CIPA-compliant)
- Improves IS capabilities when performing continuous shooting under specific conditions.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.