|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes image quality degradation, such as color misalignment or edge distortion, may occur in the recorded footage when using the following combination of settings:
- recording format XF-AVC
- frame rate 59.94i / 50.00i
- 1920x1080 resolution
- Fixes a white balance error that may occur when using Auto mode or a Special Scene mode* depending on usage conditions.
* Portrait/Sports/Night Scene/Snow/Low Light/Spotlight.
- Improves the focus tracking accuracy during zoom operations.
- Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 126.96.36.199 is for updating XF405 / XF400 cameras running firmware version 1.0.0.x – 1.0.1.x. If your camera's firmware is already version 1.0.2.x, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Download Firmware Version 188.8.131.52 for XF405 or XF400 camcorder.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VNA2.FIM / file size: 29,818,912 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An XF405 or XF400 camcorder
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.13)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
Changes in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.
*1. Please use the following Software Applications:
- XF-AVC format recording has been added *1*2*3.
- The flicker reduction function has been added.
- Enhances menu operations so that the Browser Remote setting options are retained after switching off the camera.
*2. You will need to format the SD cards completely with the camera before recording.
Canon XF Utility 3.3 for Windows/macOS.
Canon XF Plugin 3.3 for Avid Media Access [Windows]/[macOS].
*3. For detailed information about SD cards that have been verified to work with this camera, please visit Canon's Web site.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.