|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Support has been added for chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer when using Digital Photo Professional to process RAW images captured with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which standard exposure may not be obtained, or an irregular exposure may result, when Silent LV (Live View) shooting with the following TS-E lenses: TS-E 50mm f/2.8L MACRO, TS-E 90mm f/2.8L MACRO, or TS-E 135mm f/4L MACRO.
- Support for Exif 2.31 has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when using the Camera Connect application to shoot a high frame rate movie.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which error 80 may occur when HDR movies are shot using the Remote Live View Shooting function. (Applies only to Canon Log-supported cameras.)
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
- Once the EOS 5D Mark IV firmware is updated to Version 1.1.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.1 to 1.0.4).
- Cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 are cameras that have received the charged upgrade service to support Canon log at a Canon service center. Canon Log support will not be affected on cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.0 that is updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 being released this time.
For cameras running Firmware Version 1.0.4 or earlier, even if the firmware is updated to Version 1.1.2, Canon Log will not be supported. Users who wish to have their camera support Canon Log are asked to make a request for the charged upgrade service at a Canon service Center.
- When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition, chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm F4L, TS-E24mm F3.5L II, TS-E50mm F2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm F2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm F4L Macro). Please be sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 5D400112.FIR / file size: 31,689,600 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Details of Change for This Firmware
Q: Are the fixes and changes from the previous firmware update also incorporated into the latest firmware version?
A: Yes, this firmware update incorporates the previous changes and fixes.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Changes in Version 1.0.4:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a red-colored area may appear at the bottom-center of a captured image when shooting in bulb mode or during a long exposure.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the autofocus may not respond when the autofocus is initiated via pressing the shutter button, the AF-ON button or the AE lock button when configured in the custom control menu.
- Enhances the reliability of communications between the camera and SD card.
- Fixes incorrect wording on the Finnish language menu screen.
Changes in Version 1.0.3:
- Corrects the phenomenon where color tone varies depending on the metering mode during flash shooting.
- Enhances reliability of communications when using the EF1.4X III or EF2X III extender.
- Corrects the display of the level when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the camera grip at the bottom.
- Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function with EOS Utility 3.
Changes in Version 1.0.2:
- Enhanced the reliability of communications when updating or registering lens data of the “Digital Lens Optimizer” used in EOS Utility.
Note: Before registering/updating the “Digital Lens Optimizer” data to the camera, please check that the firmware is Version 1.0.2 (or later). If you have no need to update/register this data to the camera, the firmware update is not required.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.