|Thank you for using Canon products.
Changes in firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and corrections.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the drive mode icon is not correctly displayed when using custom shooting modes (C1/C2/C3).
- Changes the maximum number of “Release cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
- Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function within EOS Utility 3 software.
The Version 1.1.3 firmware being released at this time is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.2 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
- Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).
- Camera settings files created using a camera running Firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
- Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark II after the camera has been updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site. EOS Utility Version 3.5.00 or later support cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
*Supported OSes of EOS Utility are:
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1、Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
- Accompanying functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), the instructional manual has been revised. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site, so please download the instruction manual together with the new firmware.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 1DX20113.FIR / file size: 41,717,984 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Details of Change for This Firmware:
Firmware Version 1.1.2
- The addition of a selectable color-tone option for the LCD monitor.
- The addition of a function to append IPTC data.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.