|Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancements:
- Support for Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 has been added.
- An option has been added which allows select STM lenses*1 to be retracted or remain extended when the power to the camera has been turned off.
*1. EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.5. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
- The firmware cannot be updated when Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is inserted into the camera.
- EOS 7D Mark II cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 require the latest version of EOS Utility and Camera Connect. EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from our Web site.
Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from App Store or Google Play.
- Versions of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 of the camera:
EOS Utility 3.5.0 or later
Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
* EOS Utility is supported on the following OSes:
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7, Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
* Camera Connect is supported on the following OSes:
iOS 8.4 / 9.3, Android 4.1-4.4 / 5.0-5.1 / 6.0
- Download the latest version of the Instruction Manual which contains information regarding the enhancements provided in this firmware update.
- EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera.
* The firmware of cameras with Firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier should be updated.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.