Thank you for using Canon products.
Firmware Version 1.0.2 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes.
- Incorporates countermeasures for a phenomenon in which the bottom part of still images recorded to SanDisk CFast cards become corrupted.
- Enhances communication reliability between the camera and CFast cards.
If you are using the affected CFast cards, after having updated the camera firmware to Firmware Version 1.0.2, please make sure to use the camera to format the CFast card.
Firmware Version 1.0.2 is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.0.0. If your camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware.
Cautions in the Use of SanDisk CFast Cards
Please note that when using the SanDisk CFast cards listed below with the EOS-1D X Mark II, the bottom part of still photos may become corrupted.
Affected CFast Cards
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast2.0 64GB (SDCFSP-064G-xxx)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast2.0 128GB (SDCFSP-128G-xxx)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast2.0 64GB (SDCFSP-064G-xxxA)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast2.0 128GB (SDCFSP-128G-xxxA)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast2.0 64GB (SDCFSP-064G-xxxB)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast2.0 128GB (SDCFSP-128G-xxxB)
*The “xxx” at the end of the product number varies depending on the sales region.
When using the affected CFast cards with the EOS-1D X Mark II, follow the steps below.
- Check whether the firmware version of the EOS-1D X Mark II is Version 1.0.2 or later.
If the firmware version of the camera is Version 1.0.0, update the firmware to Version 1.0.2 or later.
- Format the affected CFast card with the EOS-1D X Mark II with firmware version 1.0.2 or later.
Note that when using a CFast card formatted according to the above step 2, the following operations will take place.
- An “ImgSaver.bin” file of several MB in capacity will be created in the “MISC” folder on the card. Do not move or delete the folder or the file on the card.
- When opening the card slot cover, the access lamp may remain lit or blink for a longer duration.
Remove the card only after having confirmed that the access lamp is off. When the access lamp is lit or blinking, recording to the card is in progress.
Never perform the operations below when the access lamp is lit or blinking as doing so may result in corrupted image data or may cause damage to the card or the camera.
- Removing the card
- Removing the battery pack
- Applying vibration or shock to the camera
- Unplugging and replugging the power cord (when using the separately-sold household power outlet accessories)
When using SanDisk CFast cards, to fully utilize the card performance, use the refresh tool provided by SanDisk before formatting the card with a camera with the above step 1 applied.
Refresh tool： http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17370
In addition, if an affected SanDisk CFast card has already been formatted with a computer or another device, please format the card again with a camera with the above step 1 applied.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: 1DX20102.FIR / file size: 40,250,368 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
Should you have any questions about the announcement, please contact the Authorized Service Facility in your area or you may contact the Call Center within your region.