Canon is pleased to announce the release of the new imageFORMULA CR-L1 and CR-L1 UV Compact Check Transports in Latin America
MELVILLE, N.Y., November 29, 2018 - Canon U.S.A., Inc. - Latin America Group, a leader in digital imaging solutions, is pleased to announce the immediate release of the new imageFORMULA CR-L1, and CR-L1 UV compact check transports. The Canon imageFORMULA CR-L1/CR-L1 UV compact check transport is an easy-to-use solution for high-volume batch Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) and remote lockbox check processing. With high-quality image scanning, precise MICR accuracy, and reliable item handling, the CR-L1/CR-L1 UV check transport can help distributed check processing.
imageFORMULA CR-L1/ CR-L1 UV Uses:
Designed to streamline processes, the CR-L1/CR-L1 UV check transport is intended to meet the needs of high- volume batch Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) and remote lockbox check processing as part of an electronic deposit management solution. Small to medium-sized businesses, remote offices, merchants, and other remote users can use the CR-L1/CR-L1 UV to scan checks, money orders, and related payment documents, helping to reduce processing time and courier costs.
CR-L1/ CR-L1 UV Highlighted Features and Advantages:
- Scans at up to 45 checks per minute – both sides of an item in a single pass1, with a built-in 50 item auto feeder and 50 item eject pocket along with a built-in single line imprinter for physical endorsement and virtual endorsement for front and rear of items for dynamic performance.
- Equipped with features such as Fine Text Filtering to read low-contrast text or text on busy graphic backgrounds, and an Image Quality Assurance (IQA) function, for more precise image capture.
- Small footprint, USB connectivity, an Automatic Feeder, and a quick-open body cover make for easy installation, use, and basic maintenance.
- Hardware-based Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) complemented by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for the highest possible MICR decoding accuracy.
- Includes a new driver installer that can not only run the CR-L1/CR-L1 UV, but also the legacy Canon imageFORMULA CR-50 and CR-80 check transports. In addition the driver emulates the CR-50 and CR-80 on the new CR-L1/CR-L1 UV check transport in RDC applications, making the CR-L1/CR-L1 UV compatible with existing RDC software packages already tested with both legacy check transports.
- UV Scanning for Fraud Protection2 with the CR-L1 UV, which is equipped with UV sensors, and is able to scan anti-fraud patterns printed on checks with UV ink.
For additional information on the new imageFORMULA CR-L1 and CR-L1 UV, visit the following web page: www.cla.canon.com/imageFORMULA_CR
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.:
Canon U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings.###
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1. Examples based on typical settings, rated in checks per minute with 6” long U.S. personal checks at 200dpi in black and white or grayscale.
2. UV Scanning is only available on the CR-L1UV check transport model.