Canon is pleased to announce the release of the New Document Scanner imageFORMULA DR-M260 in Latin America
MELVILLE, N.Y., November 30, 2017 - Canon U.S.A., Inc. - Latin America Group, a leader in digital imaging solutions, is pleased to announce the immediate release of the new imageFORMULA DR-M260 Office Document Scanner. Deliver high-speed and powerful performance to the office with the Canon imageFORMULA DR-M260 document scanner. Its user-friendly design, high-quality image processing, reliable item handling, and easy-to-use software offer end-to-end options for capturing business information and can help improve workplace productivity.
Optimal for workgroups and departments in any industry; especially in the legal, financial, healthcare, and government sectors, the DR-M260 scanner can assist with efficient records management and help reduce paperwork in paper intensive environments.
- Scan in color, grayscale and black & white, reaching speeds up to 60 ppm / 120 ipm, with single-pass duplex scanning, an 80 -item Automatic Document Feeder, and USB 3.1 Gen 1 connectivity, for exceptional performance1
- Contains a new on-board image processor to quickly capture paper-based documents independent of PC performance
- Less than a foot long and wide, with a front control panel to quickly access up to 99 pre-programmed scan tasks, making for a convenient, usable design
- Includes features to automatically adjust resolution, help increase character legibility, and straighten scanned images, as well as the ability to scan mixed batches of documents and photographs, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to help create searchable and editable information, for high quality scanning
- Kofax Virtual ReScan (VRS) Software included helps reduce the time involved in manual document preparation and enhance the quality of scanned images2
- Bundled Canon CaptureOnTouch and Canon CapturePerfect software enable users to share information using cloud applications3 such as Evernote, Google Docs, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Windows ISIS / TWAIN and Mac TWAIN drivers included for easy scanner sharing between Windows and Mac users, and easier integration with third-party capture or content management systems
- Newly-designed roller system, and the ability to handle multiple document types, such as thin or thick documents, plastic cards, passports, and long or oversized documents, for flexible, reliable feeding
- Meets ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency, and complies with the EU RoHS and WEEE directives, as well as EPEAT Gold certified, for an environmentally conscious choice4
For additional information on the new imageFORMULA DR-M260, visit the Canon, U.S.A., Inc. – Latin America Group site: www.cla.canon.com
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.:
Canon U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranked third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016.† Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings.###
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All other referenced product names and marks are trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
1. Examples based on typical settings, rated in pages / images per minute, with letter sized documents at 200 dpi portrait-feeding direction. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application.
2. The imageFORMULA DR-M260 scanner contains multiple components, some of which are developed by third parties. To the extent that such third-party offerings come with limited warranties, such limited warranties are hereby passed to the purchaser, and Canon shall have no obligation or any liability with respect to such third-party offerings.
3. Cloud based services are subject to third-party cloud service providers’ terms and conditions, and possible subscription fees.
4. The facts and product statistics about compliance to EU RoHS and WEEE directives were obtained from Canon Electronics Inc. as of 2017.